TX Truck Wreck & Accident Injury Lawyers Attorneys
Corpus Christi | Laredo | McAllen | Brownsville | Victoria
When an auto is involved with a truck in an accident, one outcome is for sure: the auto loses. If you do not select Gordon, Elias & Seely as your truck accident lawyers, you could lose twice. Hiring dedicated truck accident attorneys may mean the difference of receiving tens of thousands of dollars or millions of dollars. Simply put, if you hire just any lawyers and not a truck accident law firm, you may be making a serious mistake.
You need truck accident attorneys that do the following:
- Answer the phone when you make that first call
- Send out an investigator to obtain photos and make measurements and, if forensic work is necessary, send out a trucking accident reconstructionist
- File any necessary equitable relief, e.g., writs of sequestration, pleadings to protect the truck from any repairs that would alter the evidence
- Get you to Board Certified Physicians to make sure that you receive the best medical care possible for your injuries
- File your suit as soon as possible and aggressively fight for your rights taking depositions, sending out discovery and building your legal case
- Where ethically permitted, advancing you monies, interest free, to pay for necessary expenses since your income is stopped due to an inability to work
- Finally, and perhaps most importantly, treating you like family instead of just a client. We know full well what a severe disabling and permanent injury, or worse yet, the death of a loved family member means to you. We find that some law firms around the country have lost their way and often times forget that they are representing the person not just a paper file. We pledge to you that you will always be able to call us and ask whatever you want and get a full explanation. Please do not misunderstand, we like to make money just like the next guy but, we know that if we work hard and do a good job, always with compassion for our client, the money will follow.
At Gordon, Elias & Seely, L.L.P., we advocate for residents throughout Southern Texas who are victims of semi truck accidents that cause life-threatening injuries. A formerly secure future is now filled with challenges, both medical and financial. That is where we come in to help.
The Need for Justice — The Need for Compensation
We seek justice through compensation based on the damages you suffered. Major injuries can be caused by seemingly minor decisions that involve weight of the truck or time spent on the road. Truck drivers must adhere to strict federal regulations. Their employers must encourage — not discourage — those measures that promote safety on the roads of Southern Texas.
Holding Drivers and Trucking Companies Accountable for Trucking Accidents
Truck drivers work long hours and are often pressured by their employer to complete their tasks by any means necessary. That results in shortcuts that amount to negligence. Drivers are required to adhere to regulations involving time on the road, number of breaks, and weight of the load they carry. Under the law, a trucking company can be held liable for the negligence of its drivers.
Experience and Resources to Mediate or Litigate Your Trucking Accident Claim
We use experience and thorough legal knowledge, coupled with vast resources, to build your tractor-trailer crash injury claim based on the facts. Expertise comes from our network of trucking industry experts and accident reconstructionists. From there, we seek the best resolution, through negotiation, mediation or litigation.
Catastrophic Injuries When Safety Was Not a Priority
Before getting into the truck cab, a driver is required to perform a pre-trip inspection so that when a truck driver before the driver turns the ignition key, they are doing so with the notion that everything is safe. The pre-trip inspection is to detect problems before the rig gets on the street. There have to be periodic brake checks, including caliper settings, hydraulic, pneumatic and air brakes, adequate sleep and rest time in accordance with federal laws, and a trailer load that is properly secured, loaded and manageable. If they fall short, each and every car they pass is at risk of an accident. Every driver could suffer injury or death. These requirements apply to all interstate drivers and the failure to do any of these things often results in negligent driving and is often the cause of a truck accident resulting in serious injury. It does not matter what kind of truck as these requirements apply to:
- Tanker Trucks - Oilfield Trucks- Pipe Haulers- Chemical Trucks and other trucks with trailers carrying hazardous materials
- Slow Moving - Log Trucks, Garbage Trucks, Dump Trucks, Cement Trucks, Gravel Trucks and Construction Zone Trucks entering and exiting a highway construction zone, Wide-Load Convoys, Bulldozers, Farm Equipment and slow moving Paving Equipment
- Freight Liners, UPS, DHL, Fed-Ex, U-Haul, Mayflower and other van lines
- Shuttle Bus, Casino Buses to and from Louisiana, Vacation Bus, Tour Bus, Greyhound Buses to Mexico
- Most all other 18-wheeler, Big-Rig, Flatbeds, Tractor/Trailer combinations
Commercial Trucks Not Large In Size But With A Large Insurance Policy
The difference in size of cash settlements in commercial truck cases are potentially much larger than auto to auto accidents generally for one reason: the size of the policy of insurance. You know that your personal auto policy is sometimes as low as the Texas state mandatory minimum limits which are $20,000. When there is a commercial vehicle, such as a company van, company pick-up, tow trucks, etc ., the policies of insurance coverage are usually much larger and you can be fairly and fully compensated when the driver is negligent.
Creative Strategies to Achieve a Just Outcome
In handling claims that involve semi truck crashes, we focus on securing the compensation you need both in the short and long-term. That requires not only diligence in investigating your case and reviewing volumes of documents, but also a commitment to take your case into the courtroom. At Gordon, Elias & Seely, L.L.P., we do not shy away from a trial. While a negotiated settlement is common, appearing before a judge and jury sometimes provides the best outcome.
Contact us if you have been injured in a truck accident while driving on I-35, I-37, Hwy 87, Hwy 183, Hwy 77, Alt 77, Hwy 281, Hwy 83, Hwy 59, Hwy 277, Hwy 57, Hwy 90, Hwy 60, Hwy 35, Hwy 71, Hwy 2441, Hwy 72, Hwy 361, Hwy 35, Hwy 136, Hwy 357, Hwy 286, Hwy 666, Hwy 667, Hwy 44, Hwy 716, Hwy 285, Hwy 2050, Hwy 2895, Hwy 16, Hwy 624, Hwy 649, Hwy 1017, Hwy 681, Hwy 490, Hwy 3167, Hwy 186, Hwy 345, Hwy 498, Hwy 100, Hwy 48, Hwy 4 or Hwy185.
Southern Texas Trucking Accident Attorneys
No up-front fee is required by you as we handle cases involving semi crash accidents on a contingency basis. Too much is at stake not to seek the advocacy you need following an accident caused by:
- Rear-End, Head-On Crashes and Jackknives
- Poor Maintenance, including Tires and Brakes
- Driver Fatigue
- Unsecured Loads
- Aggressive Driving
- DWI / Drug Use
- Lack of Reflectors and Poor Visibility
- Dangerous Roads
For more information or to schedule an appointment with an experienced personal injury lawyer regarding a 18-wheeler wreck, please contact us.
Texas Trucking Companies
- James Helwig & Son, INC.
- Jemj, INC.
- Jtm Materials, INC.
- Levinge Transportation, LLC
- Lisa Motor Lines, INC.
- Lone Star Transportation, INC.
- M.W. Mccurdy & Co., INC.
- Martin Transport
- Marvin Ward Trucking, INC.
- Midcoe Transportation Company, INC.
- Mission Petroleum Carriers, INC.
- Mo-Vac Service Co., INC
- New Waverly Transportation, INC.
- Odeen Hibbs Trucking Company