CA Semi Truck Accident Lawyers Attorneys
Bakersfield | Fresno | Sacramento | Stockton
When a speeding truck collides with a smaller car or motorcycle, serious injuries occur for those in the smaller motor vehicle. At Gordon, Elias & Seely, L.L.P., we have represented clients throughout the country who have been victimized by a truck driver or company that simply doesn't follow the rules. Our job is to hold these companies accountable and secure the compensation you deserve. When an auto is involved with a truck in an accident, one outcome is for sure: the auto loses. If you do not select Gordon, Elias & Seely, as your truck accident lawyers, you could lose twice. Hiring dedicated truck accident attorneys may mean the difference of receiving tens of thousands of dollars or millions of dollars. Simply put, if you hire just any lawyers and not a truck accident law firm, you may be making a serious mistake.
You do not have to retain a firm in California if the accident occurs in California. You need to retain a firm that specializes in truck accidents. Often times, firms from other states, such as ours, are retained because of their experience and knowledge. Many times, though the injured auto occupants may live in California, the truck company is from a state other than California. You need truck accident attorneys that do the following:
- Answer the phone when you make that first call
- Send out an investigator to obtain photos and make measurements and, if forensic work is necessary, send out a trucking accident reconstructionist
- File any necessary equitable relief, e.g., writs of sequestration, pleadings to protect the truck from any repairs that would alter the evidence
- Get you to Board Certified Physicians to make sure that you receive the best medical care possible for your injuries
- File your suit as soon as possible and aggressively fight for your rights taking depositions, sending out discovery and building your legal case
- Where ethically permitted, advancing you monies, interest free, to pay for necessary expenses since your income is stopped due to an inability to work
- Finally, and perhaps most importantly, treating you like family instead of just a client. We know full well what a severe disabling and permanent injury, or worse yet, the death of a loved family member means to you. We find that some law firms around the country have lost their way and often times forget that they are representing a person, and not just a file. We pledge to you that you will always be able to call us and ask whatever you want and get a full explanation. Please do not misunderstand, we like to make money just like the next guy. However, we know that if we work hard and do a good job, always with compassion for our client, the money will follow.
If you have been injured in a big rig crash that occurred in Bakersfield, Fresno, Sacramento, Stockton or anywhere throughout Central California, contact us toll free at 800-773-6770.
When Negligence Causes an 18-Wheeler Wreck
At Gordon, Elias & Seely, L.L.P., we represent clients on a contingency basis. An up-front fee is not required. We are only paid if you collect damages following an accident caused by:
- Head-On Crashes and Jackknives
- Poor Maintenance, including Tires and Brakes
- Driver Fatigue
- Unsecured Loads
- Aggressive Driving
- DWI / Drug Use
- Lack of Reflectors and Poor Visibility
- Dangerous Roads
Securing Justice and Compensation for the Seriously Injured
The sheer weight and force of a truck careening down a Central California road with an impaired driver behind the wheel is more than dangerous. It is deadly. Serious injuries occur beyond mere whiplash. A victim's life is never the same. Their family suffers as well, witnessing the after-effects and worrying about their financial future.
Contact us if you have been injured in a truck accident while driving on I-80, I-580, I-280, Hwy 113, Hwy 99, Hwy 50, Hwy 65, Capital City Freeway, Douglas Boulevard, Elk Grove Boulevard, Garden Highway, State Route 41/Yosemite Freeway, Eisenhower Freeway or State Route 180/Kings Canyon Freeway.
Holding Drivers and Trucking Companies Accountable for Trucking Accidents
Truck drivers work long hours and are often pressured by their employer to complete their tasks by any means necessary. That results in shortcuts that amount to negligence. Drivers are required to adhere to regulations involving time on the road, number of breaks, and weight of the load they carry. Under the law, a trucking company can be held liable for the negligence of its drivers.
Experience and Resources to Mediate or Litigate Your Trucking Accident Claim
We use experience and thorough legal knowledge, coupled with vast resources, to build your tractor-trailer crash injury claim based on the facts. Expertise comes from our network of trucking industry experts and accident reconstructionists. From there, we seek the best resolution, through negotiation, mediation or litigation.
Catastrophic Injuries When Safety Was Not a Priority
Before getting into the truck cab, a driver is required to perform a pre-trip inspection so that when a truck driver before the driver turns the ignition key, they are doing so with the notion that everything is safe. The pre-trip inspection is to detect problems before the rig gets on the street. There have to be periodic brake checks, including caliper settings, hydraulic, pneumatic and air brakes, adequate sleep and rest time in accordance with federal laws, and a trailer load that is properly secured, loaded and manageable. If they fall short, each and every car they pass is at risk of an accident. Every driver could suffer injury or death. These requirements apply to all interstate drivers and the failure to do any of these things often results in negligent driving and is often the cause of a truck accident resulting in serious injury. It does not matter what kind of truck as these requirements apply to:
- Tanker Trucks - Oilfield Trucks- Pipe Haulers- Chemical Trucks and other trucks with trailers carrying hazardous materials
- Slow Moving - Log Trucks, Garbage Trucks, Dump Trucks, Cement Trucks, Gravel Trucks and Construction Zone Trucks entering and exiting a highway construction zone, Wide-Load Convoys, Bulldozers, Farm Equipment and slow moving Paving Equipment
- Freight Liners, UPS, DHL, Fed-Ex, U-Haul, Mayflower and other van lines
- Shuttle Bus, Casino Buses to and from Black Oak, Cache Creek, Chicken Ranch, Eagle Mountain and other casinos. Additional bus lines include: Vacation Bus, Tour Bus, Greyhound Buses
- Most all other 18-wheeler, Big-Rig, Flatbeds, Tractor/Trailer combinations
Commercial Trucks Not Large In Size But With A Large Insurance Policy
The difference in size of cash settlements in commercial truck cases are potentially much larger than auto to auto accidents generally for one reason: the size of the insurance policy. You know that your personal auto policy is sometimes as low as the California state mandatory minimum limits of $15,000. When there is a commercial vehicle, such as a company van, company pick-up, tow trucks, etc ., the policies of insurance coverage are usually much larger and you can be fairly and fully compensated when the driver is negligent.
Protecting Your Rights Following an 18-Wheeler Wreck
Establishing a truck accident claim is not a simple task that just any personal injury lawyer can handle. Our practice for clients throughout Central California is built upon extensive experience and a thorough knowledge of the law. Experts are brought in to provide their insight on how the accident occurred and the monetary amount you are entitled to, based on the extent of your loss.
We Have A National Network of Competent Truck Accident Lawyers
At times, we need a local California law firm to assist us perform various functions. In light of this, we have already put in place an arrangement with California-based competent counsel that we have already vetted and that we can call on in a moment's notice and at no additional fee charge to you.
For more information or to schedule an appointment with an experienced personal injury lawyer regarding an 18-wheeler wreck, please contact us.
California Trucking Companies