TN Truck Wreck & Accident Injury Lawyers Attorneys
Do Not Lose Twice
Memphis | Nashville | Knoxville | Chattanooga
At Gordon, Elias & Seely, L.L.P., we help Tennessee residents overcome the challenges of trucking accidents that were caused by negligent truck drivers or trucking companies. Our nationwide representation of trucking accident victims does not diminish our ability to provide personalized service. The pain and suffering following a semi wreck is enormous. You should retain a seasoned attorney to secure the damages you deserve. We serve as your diligent and dedicated advocate, pursuing just compensation.
Tennessee has a one year (1) statute of limitations and that is why it is essential that you get an attorney quickly on your case. With all the important decisions to make as to (a) to sue, (2) what venue to file in, and other very important decisons, you must act quickly in obtaining competent representation.
When an auto is involved with a truck in an accident, one outcome is for sure: the auto loses. If you do not select Gordon, Elias & Seely as your truck accident attorneys, you could lose twice. Hiring dedicated truck accident lawyers may mean the difference of receiving tens of thousands of dollars or millions of dollars. Simply put, if you hire just any lawyers and not a truck accident law firm, you may be making a serious mistake.
You do not have to retain a firm in Tennessee if the accident occurs in Tennessee. You need to retain a firm that specializes in truck accidents. Often times, firms from other states, such as ours, are retained because of their experience and knowledge. Many times, though the injured auto occupants may live in Tennessee, the truck company is from a state other than Tennessee. You need truck accident attorneys that do the following:
- Answer the phone when you make that first call
- Send out an investigator to obtain photos and make measurements and, if forensic work is necessary, send out a trucking accident reconstructionist
- File any necessary equitable relief, e.g., writs of sequestration, pleadings to protect the truck from any repairs that would alter the evidence
- Get you to Board Certified Physicians to make sure that you receive the best medical care possible for your injuries
- File your suit as soon as possible and aggressively fight for your rights taking depositions, sending out discovery and building your legal case
- Where ethically permitted, advancing you monies, interest free, to pay for necessary expenses since your income is stopped due to an inability to work
- Finally, and perhaps most importantly, treating you like family instead of just a client. We know full well what a severe disabling and permanent injury, or worse yet, the death of a loved family member means to you. We find that some law firms around the country have lost their way and often times forget that they are representing a person, and not just a paper file. We pledge to you that you will always be able to call us and ask whatever you want and get a full explanation. Please do not misunderstand, we like to make money as much as the next guy but, we know that if we work hard and do a good job, always with compassion for our client, the money will follow.
If you have been injured in an 18-wheeler accident that occurred in Memphis, Nashville, Knoxville, Chattanooga or anywhere throughout Tennessee, contact us toll free at 800-773-6770.
Don't Let Money Matters Prevent You From Contacting Us
At Gordon, Elias & Seely, L.L.P., we recognize that fear may prevent you from contacting an attorney. Facing an uncertain and frightening financial future forces you to limit your expenses. For many, financial fears cause them to deny themselves legal representation, and they take the first offer that comes from an insurance company.
We represent Tennessee residents on a contingency basis. There is no initial, out-of-pocket fee charged to you, giving you the no-risk advocacy you need following a truck accident caused by:
- Rear-End, Head-On Crashes and Jackknives
- Poor Maintenance, including Tires and Brakes
- Driver Fatigue
- Unsecured Loads
- Aggressive Driving
- Dangerous Roads
- DWI / Drug Use
- Lack of Reflectors and Poor Visibility
Contact us if you have been injured in a truck accident while driving on I-40, I-240, I-65, I-24, I-75, Hwy 70, Hwy 411, Hwy 412, Hwy 79 or Hwy 127.
Holding Drivers and Trucking Companies Accountable for Trucking Accidents
Truck drivers work long hours and are often pressured by their employer to complete their tasks by any means necessary. That results in shortcuts that amount to negligence. Drivers are required to adhere to regulations involving time on the road, number of breaks, and weight of the load they carry. Under the law, a trucking company can be held liable for the negligence of its drivers.
Experience and Resources to Mediate or Litigate Your Trucking Accident Claim
We use experience and thorough legal knowledge, coupled with vast resources, to build your tractor-trailer crash injury claim based on the facts. Expertise comes from our network of trucking industry experts and accident reconstructionists. From there, we seek the best resolution, through negotiation, mediation or litigation.
Catastrophic Injuries When Safety Was Not a Priority
Before getting into the truck cab, a driver is required to perform a pre-trip inspection so that when a truck driver before the driver turns the ignition key, they are doing so with the notion that everything is safe. The pre-trip inspection is to detect problems before the rig gets on the street. There have to be periodic brake checks, including caliper settings, hydraulic, pneumatic and air brakes, adequate sleep and rest time in accordance with federal laws, and a trailer load that is properly secured, loaded and manageable. If they fall short, each and every car they pass is at risk of an accident. Every driver could suffer injury or death. These requirements apply to all interstate drivers and the failure to do any of these things often results in negligent driving and is often the cause of a truck accident resulting in serious injury. It does not matter what kind of truck as these requirements apply to:
- Tanker Trucks - Oilfield Trucks- Pipe Haulers- Chemical Trucks and other trucks with trailers carrying hazardous materials
- Slow Moving - Log Trucks, Garbage Trucks, Dump Trucks, Cement Trucks, Gravel Trucks and Construction Zone Trucks entering and exiting a highway construction zone, Wide-Load Convoys, Bulldozers, Farm Equipment and slow moving Paving Equipment
- Freight Liners, UPS, DHL, Fed-Ex, U-Haul, Mayflower and other van lines
- Shuttle Bus, Casino Bus, Vacation Bus, Tour Bus, Greyhound Buses
- Most all other 18-wheeler, Big-Rig, Flatbeds, Tractor/Trailer combinations
Commercial Trucks Not Large In Size But With A Large Insurance Policy
The difference in size of cash settlements in commercial truck cases are potentially much larger than auto to auto accidents generally for one reason: the size of the insurance policy. You know that your personal auto policy is sometimes as low as the Tennessee state mandatory minimum limits which are $25,000. When there is a commercial vehicle, such as a company van, company pick-up, tow trucks, etc., the policies of insurance coverage are usually much larger and you can be fairly and fully compensated when the driver is negligent.
Seeking the Best Resolution Through Settlement or Litigation
Many attorneys boast their ability to quickly settle claims involving a tractor-trailer crash. While many of our trucking accident cases do settle, that does not mean that we eliminate the courtroom as an option. In the end, we are focused on the best resolution to maximize your compensation, regardless of the venue.
We Have A National Network of Competent Truck Accident Lawyers
At times, we need a local Tennessee law firm to assist us perform various functions. In light of this, we have already put in place an arrangement with Tennessee-based competent counsel that we have already vetted and that we can call on in a moment's notice and at no additional fee charge to you.
For more information or to schedule an appointment with an experienced personal injury lawyer regarding a trucking accident, please contact us.
Tennessee Trucking Companies