Lubbock Amarillo TX Truck Wreck & Accident Injury Lawyers Attorneys
Lubbock | Amarillo | Abilene | Plainview
When an auto is involved with a truck in an accident, one outcome is for sure: the auto loses. If you do not select Gordon, Elias & Seely as your truck accident attorneys, you could lose twice. Hiring dedicated truck accident lawyers may mean the difference between receiving tens of thousands of dollars or millions of dollars. Simply put, if you hire just any lawyers and not a truck accident law firm, you may be making a serious mistake.
You need truck accident lawyers that do the following:
- Answer the phone when you make that first call
- Send out an investigator to obtain photos and make measurements and, if forensic work is necessary, send out a trucking accident reconstructionist
- File any necessary equitable relief, e.g., writs of sequestration, pleadings to protect the truck from any repairs that would alter the evidence
- Get you to Board Certified Physicians to make sure that you receive the best medical care possible for your injuries
- File your suit as soon as possible and aggressively fight for your rights taking depositions, sending out discovery and building your legal case
- Where ethically permitted, advancing you monies, interest free, to pay for necessary expenses since your income is stopped due to an inability to work
- Finally, and perhaps most importantly, treating you like family instead of just a client. We know full well what a severe disabling and permanent injury, or worse yet, the death of a loved family member means to you. We find that some law firms around the country have lost their way and often times forget that they are representing the person not just a paper file. We pledge to you that you will always be able to call us and ask whatever you want and get a full explanation. Please do not misunderstand, we like to make money just like the next guy but, we know that if we work hard and do a good job, always with compassion for our client, the money will follow.
If you have been injured in an tractor-trailer crash or rollover that occurred in Lubbock, Amarillo, Abilene, Plainview or anywhere throughout the Panhandle, contact us toll free at 800-773-6770.
Holding Drivers and Trucking Companies Accountable for Trucking Accidents
Truck drivers work long hours and are often pressured by their employer to complete their tasks by any means necessary. That results in shortcuts that amount to negligence. Drivers are required to adhere to regulations involving time on the road, number of breaks, and weight of the load they carry. Under the law, a trucking company can be held liable for the negligence of its drivers.
Texas Panhandle Trucking Accident Attorneys
At Gordon, Elias & Seely, L.L.P., we represent Texas residents on a contingency basis. There are no initial, out-of-pocket expenses to you. We manage your case while you focus on recovering from serious trucking accident injuries caused by:
- Rear-End, Head-On Crashes and Jackknives
- Poor Maintenance, including Tires and Brakes
- Driver Fatigue
- Unsecured Loads or Unsecured Cargo
- Aggressive Driving or Improper Lane Change
- DWI / Drug Use
- Dangerous Roads
- Lack of Reflectors and Poor Visibility
Experience and Resources to Negotiate or Litigate Your Trucking Accident Claim
We use experience and thorough legal knowledge, coupled with vast resources, to build your tractor-trailer crash injury claim based on the facts. Expertise comes from our network of trucking industry experts and accident reconstructionists. From there, we seek the best resolution, through negotiation, mediation or litigation.
Catastrophic Injuries When Safety Was Not a Priority
Before getting into the truck cab, a driver is required to perform a pre-trip inspection so that when a truck driver before the driver turns the ignition key, they are doing so with the notion that everything is safe. The pre-trip inspection is to detect problems before the rig gets on the street. There have to be periodic brake checks, including caliper settings, hydraulic, pneumatic and air brakes, adequate sleep and rest time in accordance with federal laws, and a trailer load that is properly secured, loaded and manageable. If they fall short, each and every car they pass is at risk of an accident. Every driver could suffer injury or death. These requirements apply to all interstate drivers and the failure to do any of these things often results in negligent driving and is often the cause of a truck accident resulting in serious injury. It does not matter what kind of truck as these requirements apply to:
- Tanker Trucks - Oilfield Trucks- Pipe Haulers- Chemical Trucks and other trucks with trailers carrying hazardous materials
- Slow Moving - Log Trucks, Garbage Trucks, Dump Trucks, Cement Trucks, Gravel Trucks and Construction Zone Trucks entering and exiting a highway construction zone, Wide-Load Convoys, Bulldozers, Farm Equipment and slow moving Paving Equipment
- Freight Liners, UPS, DHL, Fed-Ex, U-Haul, Mayflower and other van lines
- Shuttle Bus, Casino Buses to and from Oklahoma and New Mexico, Vacation Bus, Tour Bus, Greyhound Buses
- Most all other 18-wheeler, Big-Rig, Flatbeds, Tractor/Trailer combinations
Commercial Trucks Not Large In Size But With A Large Insurance Policy
The difference in size of cash settlements in commercial truck cases are potentially much larger than auto to auto accidents generally for one reason: the size of the policy of insurance. You know that your personal auto policy is sometimes as low as the Texas state mandatory minimum limits which are $25,000. When there is a commercial vehicle, such as a company van, company pick-up, tow trucks, etc ., the policies of insurance coverage are usually much larger and you can be fairly and fully compensated when the driver is negligent.
We Have Your Best Interests in Mind in Resolving Your Case
In identifying the best resolution to your case, we team with industry experts to build your case based on the facts. Yes, there are emotional elements in a life-changing accident, but our job is to review the hard data that will prove your claim. From logbooks to witness statements to maintenance reports, we will identify where the negligence occurred. From there, we move to mediation or litigation.
Contact us if you have been injured in a truck accident while driving on I-40, I-27, I-BL40, I-20, Loop 289, Hwy 287, Hwy 87, Hwy 60, Hwy 385, Hwy 84, Hwy 70, Hwy 62, Hwy 83, Hwy 82, Hwy 180, Hwy 277, Hwy 207, Hwy 136, Hwy 33, Hwy 86, Hwy 194, Hwy 208 or Loop 335.
Seeing that Justice is Served
The smallest human error can have catastrophic consequences. A minor defect or seemingly insignificant oversight can change your life forever. Those negligent parties must be held accountable if their mistake led to crippling injuries or the death of a loved one.
With our main offices located in Houston, Texas, we are uniquely positioned to represent truck accident victims throughout the United States. For more information or to schedule an appointment with an experienced personal injury lawyer regarding a serious 18-wheeler accident, please contact us.
Texas Trucking Companies
- E.L. Farmer & Company
- Enterprise Products Co
- Ffe Transportation Services, INC.
- Fleetwood Transportation Svc., INC.
- Flying H Express, INC.
- Fort Worth Carrier Corporation
- G R. Trucking
- G.& R.G., INC.
- Gustavo Jimenez, INC.
- Haney Trucking, INC.
- Hill Grain, INC.
- Ho Ho Ho Express, INC.