SC Truck Wreck & Accident Injury Lawyers Attorneys
Charleston | Columbia | Greenville | Mount Pleasant
When an auto is involved with a truck in an accident, one outcome is for sure: the auto loses. If you do not select Gordon, Elias & Seely as your truck accident lawyers, you could lose twice. Hiring dedicated truck accident attorneys may mean the difference of receiving tens of thousands of dollars or millions of dollars. Simply put, if you hire just any lawyers and not a truck accident law firm, you may be making a serious mistake.
You do not have to retain a firm in South Carolina if the accident occurs in South Carolina. You need to retain a firm that specializes in truck accidents. Often times, firms from other states, such as ours, are retained because of their experience and knowledge. Many times, though the injured auto occupants may live in South Carolina, the truck company is from a state other than South Carolina. You need truck accident attorneys that do the following:
- Answer the phone when you make that first call
- Send out an investigator to obtain photos and make measurements and, if forensic work is necessary, send out a trucking accident reconstructionist
- File any necessary equitable relief, e.g., writs of sequestration, pleadings to protect the truck from any repairs that would alter the evidence
- Get you to Board Certified Physicians to make sure that you receive the best medical care possible for your injuries
- File your suit as soon as possible and aggressively fight for your rights taking depositions, sending out discovery and building your legal case
- Where ethically permitted, advancing you monies, interest free, to pay for necessary expenses since your income is stopped due to an inability to work
- Finally, and perhaps most importantly, treating you like family instead of just a client. We know full well what a severe disabling and permanent injury, or worse yet, the death of a loved family member means to you. We find that some law firms around the country have lost their way and often times forget that they are representing the person, and not just a paper file. We pledge to you that you will always be able to call us and ask whatever you want and get a full explanation. Please do not misunderstand, we like to make money just like the next guy but, we know that if we work hard and do a good job, always with compassion for our client, the money will follow.
If you have been injured in an 18-wheeler collision that occurred in Rock Hill, Sommerville, Spartanburg, Sumter, Goose Creek or anywhere throughout South Carolina, contact us toll free at 800-773-6770.
The fear that grips you during a trucking accident does not compare to the physical pain and emotional trauma you feel following the semi wreck. While you may think that taking on a large trucking company limits your options, securing the level of representation we provide makes your options limitless.
Holding Drivers and Trucking Companies Accountable for Trucking Accidents
Truck drivers work long hours and are often pressured by their employer to complete their tasks by any means necessary. That results in shortcuts that amount to negligence. Drivers are required to adhere to regulations involving time on the road, number of breaks, and weight of the load they carry. Under the law, a trucking company can be held liable for the negligence of its drivers.
South Carolina Trucking Accident Attorneys
At Gordon, Elias & Seely, L.L.P., we represent South Carolina residents on a contingency basis. There are no initial, out-of-pocket expenses to you. We manage your case while you focus on recovering from serious trucking accident injuries caused by:
- Rear-End, Head-On Crashes and Jackknives
- Dangerous Roads
- Poor Maintenance, including Tires and Brakes
- Driver Fatigue
- Unsecured Loads or Unsecured Cargo
- Aggressive Driving or Improper Lane Change
- DWI / Drug Use
- Lack of Reflectors and Poor Visibility
Experience and Resources to Mediate or Litigate Your Trucking Accident Claim
We use experience and thorough legal knowledge, coupled with vast resources, to build your tractor-trailer crash injury claim based on the facts. Expertise comes from our network of trucking industry experts and accident reconstructionists. From there, we seek the best resolution, through negotiation, mediation or litigation. For a complete understanding of the requirements for a person to obtain and keep a Commercial Drivers' License in SC, please see the laws of South Carolina.
Though there are many streets, roads, and state highways where truck accidents occur, often times they occur on Interstates such as I-95, I-26, I-20, I-77, I-85, or other major truck routes like US 321, US 178, US 601, US 521, US 15, US 52, US 301, US 78, US 401 and SR-277, SR-601 and other state routes.
Catastrophic Injuries When Safety Was Not a Priority
Before getting into the truck cab, a driver is required to perform a pre-trip inspection so that when a truck driver before the driver turns the ignition key, they are doing so with the notion that everything is safe. The pre-trip inspection is to detect problems before the rig gets on the street. There have to be periodic brake checks, including caliper settings, hydraulic, pneumatic and air brakes, adequate sleep and rest time in accordance with federal laws, and a trailer load that is properly secured, loaded and manageable. If they fall short, each and every car they pass is at risk of an accident. Every driver could suffer injury or death. These requirements apply to all interstate drivers and the failure to do any of these things often results in negligent driving and is often the cause of a truck accident resulting in serious injury. It does not matter what kind of truck as these requirements apply to:
- Tanker Trucks - Oilfield Trucks- Pipe Haulers- Chemical Trucks and other trucks with trailers carrying hazardous materials
- Slow Moving - Log Trucks, Garbage Trucks, Dump Trucks, Cement Trucks, Gravel Trucks and Construction Zone Trucks entering and exiting a highway construction zone, Wide-Load Convoys, Bulldozers, Farm Equipment and slow moving Paving Equipment
- Freight Liners, UPS, DHL, Fed-Ex, U-Haul, Mayflower and other van lines
- Shuttle Bus, Casino Bus, Vacation Bus, Tour Bus, Greyhound Buses
- Most all other 18-wheeler, Big-Rig, Flatbeds, Tractor/Trailer combinations
Commercial Trucks Not Large In Size But With A Large Insurance Policy
The difference in size of cash settlements in commercial truck cases are potentially much larger than auto to auto accidents generally for one reason: the size of the policy of insurance. You know that your personal auto policy is sometimes as low as the South Carolina state mandatory minimum limits which are $15,000. When there is a commercial vehicle, such as a company van, company pick-up, tow trucks, etc ., the policies of insurance coverage are usually much larger and you can be fairly and fully compensated when the driver is negligent
We Have A National Network of Competent Truck Accident Lawyers
At times, we need a local South Carolina law firm to assist us perform various functions. In light of this, we have already put in place an arrangement with South Carolina-based competent counsel that we have already vetted and that we can call on in a moment's notice and at no additional fee charge to you.
Major Trucking companies in South Carolina:
|Al Thompson Trucking, INC.||Lewis Truck Lines, INC.|
|Ard's Trucking Company, INC.||Nilson Van & Storage|
|Associated Petroleum Carriers, INC.||Palmetto State Transportation Co., INC.|
|At Systems East, INC.||Ray Walker Trucking Co, INC|
|Buel, INC.||Smith And Waters, INC.|
|Bulldog Hiway Express||Southeastern Freight Lines, INC.|
|C&C Trucking Of Duncan, INC.||Southern Tank Transport, INC|
|Consolidated Cargo Carriers, INC.||Standard Corporation|
|Fleetwood Transportation Corp.||Thompson Trucking Co., INC|
|G & P Trucking Co., INC.||Tiger Transport Service, INC.|
|Halls Of Cross, INC.||Tindall Haul & Erect, INC.|
|J Grady Randolph, INC||Truck Air Of The Carolinas, INC.|
For more information or to schedule an appointment with an experienced personal injury lawyer, please contact us.