CO Truck Wreck & Accident Injury
Do Not Lose Twice
Denver | Boulder | Colorado Springs | Fort Collins
When an auto is involved with a truck in an accident, one outcome is for sure: the auto loses. If you do not select Gordon, Elias & Seely as your truck accident lawyers, you could lose twice. Hiring dedicated truck accident attorneys may mean the difference of receiving tens of thousands of dollars or millions of dollars. Simply put, if you hire just any lawyers and not a truck accident law firm, you may be making a serious mistake.
You do not have to retain a firm in Colorado if the accident occurs in Colorado. You need to retain a firm that specializes in truck accidents. Often times, firms from other states, such as ours, are retained because of their experience and knowledge. Many times, though the injured auto occupants may live in Colorado, the truck company is from a state other than Colorado. You need truck accident attorneys that do the following:
- Answer the phone when you make that first call
- Send out an investigator to obtain photos and make measurements and, if forensic work is necessary, send out a trucking accident reconstructionist
- File any necessary equitable relief, e.g., writs of sequestration, pleadings to protect the truck from any repairs that would alter the evidence
- Get you to Board Certified Physicians to make sure that you receive the best medical care possible for your injuries
- File your suit as soon as possible and aggressively fight for your rights taking depositions, sending out discovery and building your legal case
- Where ethically permitted, advancing you monies, interest free, to pay for necessary expenses since your income is stopped due to an inability to work
- Finally, and perhaps most importantly, treating you like family instead of just a client. We know full well what a severe disabling and permanent injury, or worse yet, the death of a loved family member means to you. We find that some law firms around the country have lost their way and often times forget that they are representing a person, and not just a file. We pledge to you that you will always be able to call us and ask whatever you want and get a full explanation. Please do not misunderstand, we like to make money as much as the next guy but, we know that if we work hard and do a good job, always with compassion for our client, the money will follow.
At Gordon, Elias & Seely, L.L.P., we have witnessed firsthand the immediate impact and long-term effects of injuries caused by trucking accidents. The sheer weight and speed of a tractor-trailer has resulted in life-changing damages where it seems impossible to recover completely. While you focus on that much-needed recovery, we will dedicate ourselves to your personal injury claim and securing the compensation you deserve.
If you have been injured in a truck wreck that occurred in Denver, Boulder, Colorado Springs, Fort Collins or anywhere throughout Colorado, contact us toll free at 800-773-6770.
Truck Wrecks Happen When Laws and Safety Standards Come Second
With or without pressure from their employers, truck drivers must ensure that every function they perform has the safety of others in mind. When safety is not a priority, drivers travel with little sleep, consume alcohol or drugs, or drive with too heavy of a load. Within a split second, that truck collides with your car, leaving you and family members injured.
Holding Drivers and Trucking Companies Accountable for Trucking Accidents
Truck drivers work long hours and are often pressured by their employer to complete their tasks by any means necessary. That results in shortcuts that amount to negligence. Drivers are required to adhere to regulations involving time on the road, number of breaks, and weight of the load they carry. Under the law, a trucking company can be held liable for the negligence of its drivers.
Experience and Resources to Mediate or Litigate Your Trucking Accident Claim
We use experience and thorough legal knowledge, coupled with vast resources, to build your tractor-trailer crash injury claim based on the facts. Expertise comes from our network of trucking industry experts and accident reconstructionists. From there, we seek the best resolution, through negotiation, mediation or litigation.
Catastrophic Injuries When Safety Was Not a Priority
Before getting into the truck cab, a driver is required to perform a pre-trip inspection so that when a truck driver before the driver turns the ignition key, they are doing so with the notion that everything is safe. The pre-trip inspection is to detect problems before the rig gets on the street. There have to be periodic brake checks, including caliper settings, hydraulic, pneumatic and air brakes, adequate sleep and rest time in accordance with federal laws, and a trailer load that is properly secured, loaded and manageable. If they fall short, each and every car they pass is at risk of an accident. Every driver could suffer injury or death. These requirements apply to all interstate drivers and the failure to do any of these things often results in negligent driving and is often the cause of a truck accident resulting in serious injury. It does not matter what kind of truck as these requirements apply to:
- Tanker Trucks - Oilfield Trucks- Pipe Haulers- Chemical Trucks and other trucks with trailers carrying hazardous materials
- Slow Moving - Log Trucks, Garbage Trucks, Dump Trucks, Cement Trucks, Gravel Trucks and Construction Zone Trucks entering and exiting a highway construction zone, Wide-Load Convoys, Bulldozers, Farm Equipment and slow moving Paving Equipment
- Freight Liners, UPS, DHL, Fed-Ex, U-Haul, Mayflower and other van lines
- Shuttle Bus, Casino Buses to and from Cripple Creek, Vacation Bus, Tour Bus, Greyhound Buses
- Most all other 18-wheeler, Big-Rig, Flatbeds, Tractor/Trailer combinations
Commercial Trucks Not Large In Size But With A Large Insurance Policy
The difference in size of cash settlements in commercial truck cases are potentially much larger than auto to auto accidents generally for one reason: the size of the insurance policy. You know that your personal auto policy is sometimes as low as the Colorado state mandatory minimum limits of $25,000. When there is a commercial vehicle, such as a company van, company pick-up, tow trucks, etc., the policies of insurance coverage are usually much larger and you can be fairly and fully compensated when the driver is negligent.
Contingency-Based Advocacy for Colorado Residents
At Gordon, Elias & Seely, L.L.P., we represent Colorado residents on a contingency basis with no up-front money required. We manage all aspects of your case while you focus on recovering from serious semi accident injuries caused by:
- Rear-End, Head-On Crashes and Jackknives
- Poor Maintenance, including Tires and Brakes
- Driver Fatigue
- Unsecured Loads
- Aggressive Driving
- DWI / Drug Use
- Lack of Reflectors and Poor Visibility
- Dangerous Roads
Contact us if you have been injured in a truck accident while driving on I-25, I-270, I-225, I-70, I-76, US 6, US 36, US 287, US 85, US 6, US 287, Hwy 58, Hwy 470, Hwy 1, CO-105, Loveland Pass, Eisenhower Tunnel, Founders Parkway, The Mousetrap or Santa Fe Drive.
Seeking the Best Outcome For Your Truck Wreck Claim
While our legal knowledge in trucking accident litigation is vast, we still rely on industry experts to help build a claim of negligence by a truck driver or their employer. All cases are built with attention to every detail. We tell your story and fight for the compensation you deserve either through negotiation, mediation or litigation.
We Have A National Network of Competent Truck Accident Lawyers
At times, we need a local Colorado law firm to assist us perform various functions. In light of this, we have already put in place an arrangement with Colorado-based competent counsel that we have already vetted and that we can call on in a moment's notice and at no additional fee charge to you.
For more information or to schedule an appointment with an experienced personal injury lawyer following a serious collision with a commercial truck, please contact us.
Colorado Trucking Companies
- Automobile Transport Specialists, INC.
- Citizens Carpet Service, INC.
- Eisenman Transportation Services, INC.
- Fleet-Car Lease, INC.
- High Country Transportation, INC.
- Hvh Transportation, INC.
- Mesa Systems, INC.
- Ralph Martinez Trucking, INC.
- Richard Nestor, INC.
- Sunward Trucking, INC.
- Tri-State Commodities, INC.
- Willies Grain, INC.