MS Gulf Coast Truck Wreck & Accident Injury Lawyers Attorneys
Do Not Lose Twice
Biloxi | Hattiesburg | Pascagoula
When an auto is involved with a truck in an accident, one outcome is for sure: the auto loses. If you do not select Gordon, Elias & Seely, as your truck accident attorneys, you could lose twice. Hiring dedicated truck accident lawyers may mean the difference of receiving tens of thousands of dollars or millions of dollars. Simply put, if you hire just any lawyers and not a truck accident law firm, you may be making a serious mistake.
You do not have to retain a firm in Mississippi if the accident occurs in Mississippi. You need to retain a firm that specializes in truck accidents. Often times, firms from other states, such as ours, are retained because of their experience and knowledge. Many times, though the injured auto occupants may live in Mississippi, the truck company is from a state other than Mississippi. You need truck accident attorneys that do the following:
- Answer the phone when you make that first call
- Send out an investigator to obtain photos and make measurements and, if forensic work is necessary, send out a trucking accident reconstructionist
- File any necessary equitable relief, e.g., writs of sequestration, pleadings to protect the truck from any repairs that would alter the evidence
- Get you to Board Certified Physicians to make sure that you receive the best medical care possible for your injuries
- File your suit as soon as possible and aggressively fight for your rights taking depositions, sending out discovery and building your legal case
- Where ethically permitted, advancing you monies, interest free, to pay for necessary expenses since your income is stopped due to an inability to work
- Finally, and perhaps most importantly, treating you like family instead of just a client. We know full well what a severe disabling and permanent injury, or worse yet, the death of a loved family member means to you. We find that some law firms around the country have lost their way and often times forget that they are representing a person. We pledge to you that you will always be able to call us and ask whatever you want and get a full explanation. Please do not misunderstand, we like to make money just like the next guy. We know that if we work hard and do a good job, always with compassion for our client, the money will follow.
A visit to a family gathering. A quick trip to the store. Ordinary events can turn into major catastrophes when they involve a trucking accident. At Gordon, Elias & Seely, L.L.P., we have advocated for Southern Mississippi residents over the past four decades. Our practice is nationwide in scope, but we treat each case individually.
If you have been injured in a trucking accident that occurred in Biloxi, Hattiesburg, Pascagoula or anywhere throughout Southern Mississippi, contact us toll free at 800-773-6770.
When Truck Drivers Take Shortcuts
No one questions the pressure some truck drivers feel to perform their job effectively. Deadlines are tight as they travel from coast to coast. They are in it to make a living and provide for their family. The pressure they feel is only made worse when shortcuts are taken that involve a load's weight or time spent behind the wheel. That results in driver negligence that can so easily result in a life-changing collision.
Holding Drivers and Trucking Companies Accountable for Trucking Accidents
Truck drivers work long hours and are often pressured by their employer to complete their tasks by any means necessary. That results in shortcuts that amount to negligence. Drivers are required to adhere to regulations involving time on the road, number of breaks, and weight of the load they carry. Under the law, a trucking company can be held liable for the negligence of its drivers.
Experience and Resources to Mediate or Litigate Your Trucking Accident Claim
We use experience and thorough legal knowledge, coupled with vast resources, to build your tractor-trailer crash injury claim based on the facts. Expertise comes from our network of trucking industry experts and accident reconstructionists. From there, we seek the best resolution, through negotiation, mediation or litigation.
Catastrophic Injuries When Safety Was Not a Priority
Before getting into the truck cab, a driver is required to perform a pre-trip inspection so that when a truck driver before the driver turns the ignition key, they are doing so with the notion that everything is safe. The pre-trip inspection is to detect problems before the rig gets on the street. There have to be periodic brake checks, including caliper settings, hydraulic, pneumatic and air brakes, adequate sleep and rest time in accordance with federal laws, and a trailer load that is properly secured, loaded and manageable. If they fall short, each and every car they pass is at risk of an accident. Every driver could suffer injury or death. These requirements apply to all interstate drivers and the failure to do any of these things often results in negligent driving and is often the cause of a truck accident resulting in serious injury. It does not matter what kind of truck as these requirements apply to:
- Tanker Trucks - Oilfield Trucks- Pipe Haulers- Chemical Trucks and other trucks with trailers carrying hazardous materials
- Slow Moving - Log Trucks, Garbage Trucks, Dump Trucks, Cement Trucks, Gravel Trucks and Construction Zone Trucks entering and exiting a highway construction zone, Wide-Load Convoys, Bulldozers, Farm Equipment and slow moving Paving Equipment
- Freight Liners, UPS, DHL, Fed-Ex, U-Haul, Mayflower and other van lines
- Shuttle Bus, Casino Buses to and from IP, Beau Rivage, Goldstrike, Horseshoe, Fitzgerald's, Sheraton, Diamond Jack's, Island View, Hollywood and Isle of Capri, Vacation Bus, Tour Bus, Greyhound Bus Most all other 18-wheeler, Big-Rig, Flatbeds, Tractor/Trailer combinations
Commercial Trucks Not Large In Size But With A Large Insurance Policy
The difference in size of cash settlements in commercial truck cases are potentially much larger than auto to auto accidents generally for one reason: the size of the insurance policy. You know that your personal auto policy is sometimes as low as the Mississippi state mandatory minimum limits of $25,000. When there is a commercial vehicle, such as a company van, company pick-up, tow trucks, etc., the policies of insurance coverage are usually much larger and you can be fairly and fully compensated when the driver is negligent.
Southern Mississippi Truck Wreck Claims on a Contingency Basis
At Gordon, Elias & Seely, L.L.P., we represent clients nationwide - including residents of Southern Mississippi - on a contingency basis. There is nothing to pay up front when you meet with us following a trucking accident caused by:
- Rear-End, Head-On Crashes and Jackknives
- Poor Maintenance, including Tires and Brakes
- Driver Fatigue
- Unsecured Loads
- Aggressive Driving
- DWI / Drug Use
- Lack of Reflectors and Poor Visibility
- Dangerous Roads
Contact us if you have been injured in a truck accident while driving on I-10, I-59, I-55, Hwy 49, Hwy 84, Hwy 49, Hwy 98 or Hwy 9.
We Have A National Network of Competent Truck Accident Lawyers
At times, we need a local Mississippi law firm to assist us perform various functions. In light of this, we have already put in place an arrangement with Mississippi-based competent counsel that we have already vetted and that we can call on in a moment's notice and at no additional fee charge to you.
Bring Both Experience and Expertise to Your Truck Driving Accident Claim
We possess vast legal knowledge in this specific and complex area of personal injury law. However, we also rely on the insight of industry experts to support us along the way. They help investigate the accident site and identify exactly where negligence occurred that caused you to be injured or a loved one to die. From there, we proceed to resolve the case, either through mediation or litigation.
For more information or to schedule an appointment with an experienced personal injury lawyer regarding a trucking accident in Southern Mississippi, please contact us.
Mississippi Trucking Companies