VA Truck Wreck & Accident Injury Lawyers Attorneys
Alexandria | Arlington | Richmond | Virginia Beach
When an auto is involved with a truck in an accident, one outcome is for sure: the auto loses. If you do not select Gordon, Elias & Seely as your truck accident lawyers, you could lose twice. Hiring the best truck accident attorneys may mean the difference of receiving tens of thousand of dollars or millions of dollars. Simply put, if you hire just any lawyers and not a truck accident law firm, you may be making a serious mistake.
You do not have to retain a firm in Virginia if the accident occurs in Virginia. You need to retain a firm that specializes in truck accidents. Often times, firms from other states, such as ours, are retained because of their experience and knowledge. Many times, though the injured auto occupants may live in Virginia, the truck company is from a different state from Virginia. You need a truck accident attorneys that do the following:
- Answer the phone when you make that first call
- Send out an investigator to obtain photos and make measurements and, if forensic work is necessary, send out a trucking accident reconstructionist
- File any necessary equitable relief, e.g., writs of sequestration, pleadings to protect the truck from any repairs that would alter the evidence
- Get you to Board Certified Physicians to make sure that you receive the best medical care possible for your injuries
- File your suit as soon as possible and aggressively fight for your rights taking depositions, sending out discovery and building your legal case
- Where ethically permitted, advancing you monies, interest free, to pay for necessary expenses since your income is stopped due to an inability to work, and
- Finally, and perhaps most importantly, treating you like family instead of just a client. We know full well what a severe disabling and permanent injury, or worse yet, the death of a loved family member means to you. We find that some law firms around the country have lost their way and often times forget that they are representing the person not just a paper file. We pledge to you that you will always be able to call us and ask whatever you want and get a full explanation. Please do not misunderstand, we like to make money just like the next guy but, we know that if we work hard and do a good job, always with compassion for our client, the money will follow.
At Gordon, Elias & Seely, L.L.P., we are at your side from our initial meeting to the final resolution of your truck accident claim.
If you have been injured in a semi crash that occurred in Alexandria, Arlington, Portsmouth, Norfolk, Richmond, Virginia Beach or anywhere throughout Virginia, contact our nationwide personal injury law practice toll free at 800-773-67701.
Catastrophic Injuries When Safety Was Not a Priority
Before getting into a truck cab, a driver is required to perform a pre-trip inspection so that before he or she turns the ignition key, they are doing so with the notion that everything done within the confines of their cab focuses on safety. The pre-trip inspection is to detect problems before the rig gets on the street. There have to be periodic break checks, including caliper settings, hydraulic, pneumatic and air brakes, adequate sleep and rest time in accordance with federal laws, and a trailer load that is properly secured, loaded and manageable. If they fall short, each and every car they pass is at risk of an accident. Every driver could suffer injury or death. These requirements apply to all interstate drivers and the failure to do any of these things often results in negligent driving and is often the cause of a truck accident resulting in serious injury. It does not matter what kind of truck as these requirements apply to:Tanker
- Trucks - Oilfield Trucks- Pipe Haulers- Chemical Trucks and other trucks with trailers carrying hazardous materials
- Slow Moving - Log Trucks, Garbage Trucks, Dump Trucks, Cement Trucks and Construction Zone Trucks entering and exiting a highway construction zone, Wide-Load Convoys, Bulldozers, Farm Equipment and slow moving Paving Equipment
- Freight Liners, UPS, DHL, Fed-Ex, U-Haul, Mayflower and other van lines
- Shuttle Bus, Casino Bus, Vacation Bus, Tour Bus, Greyhound Buses
- Most all other 18-wheeler, Big-Rig, Flatbeds, Tractor/Trailer combinations.
Commercial Trucks Not Large In Size But With A Large Insurance Policy
The difference in size of cash settlements in commercial truck cases are potentially much larger than auto to auto accidents generally for one reason: the size of the policy of insurance. You know that your personal auto policy is sometimes as low as the Virginia state mandatory minimum limits which are $25,000. When there is a commercial vehicle, such as a company van, company pick-up, etc., the policies of insurance coverage are usually much larger and you can be fairly and fully compensated when they are negligent.
Recognizing Both Medical Needs and Financial Issues
At Gordon, Elias & Seely, L.L.P., we understand that paying a large retainer may be difficult if not impossible following your truck accident. If we take your case, there is no up-front fee. Everything done on your behalf is on a contingency basis. You need to focus on recovering from serious injuries caused by:
- Rear-End, Head-On Crashes and Jackknives
- Poor Maintenance, including Tires and Brakes
- Driver Fatigue
- Dangerous Roads
- Unsecured Loads and Cargo
- Aggressive Driving
- DWI / Drug Use
- Lack of Reflectors and Poor Visibility
Regardless of the road conditions in any part of Virginia, a speeding truck operated by an impaired or sleep-deprived driver can make a quick trip to the store a long road to recovery. While your first thought is getting the medical care you need, you also need legal advocacy at your side to hold the responsible party accountable for your injuries.
Contact us if you have been injured in a truck accident while driving on I-95, I-85, I-81, I-64, I-66, I-77, I-97, I-264, I-295, US 250, US 60, US 1, US 360, US 17, US 460, US 220, US 13, US 56, SR 161, SR 195, Midtown Tunnel, Hampton, Berkley, Battlefield Boulevard, or any other Virginia private or public roadway.
Attorneys You Can Trust and the Resources You Need
When you put your truck accident claim in our hands, we work diligently to see that justice is served. Negligence entered your life in a sudden and violent way. That entitles you to compensation for your short-term medical needs and the long-term future you face following the collision.
We Have A National Network of Competent Truck Accident Lawyers
At times, we need a local Virginia law firm to assist us perform various functions. In light of this, we have already put in place an arrangement with Virginia-based competent counsel that we have already vetted, that we can call on in a moment's notice and at no additional fee charge to you.
Trucking Companies Located in Virginia
For more information or to schedule an appointment with an experienced personal injury lawyer regarding a truck wreck, please contact us.