GA Truck Wreck & Accident Injury Lawyers Attorneys
Do Not Lose Twice
Atlanta | Augusta | Macon | Savannah
From bustling Atlanta to any one of many small towns in Georgia, danger lurks around every road and highway bend when you drive on roads that you share with trucks. Unfortunately, a careening truck driven by an impaired driver could collide with you when you least expect it! Such a violent event could result in serious injury or the death of anyone riding in your car including a beloved family member.
Whenever an automobile is involved in a serious accident with a truck the outcome can be catastrophic. By not choosing Gordon, Elias & Seely as your truck accident lawyers, you could lose twice. We believe that hiring dedicated, experienced and knowledgeable truck accident attorneys may mean the difference of receiving tens of thousands of dollars or millions of dollars. Frankly stated: if you hire just any lawyer/lawyers and not a truck accident law firm, you could be making a serious mistake.
You may be surprised to learn that you do not have to retain a firm in Georgia if the truck accident occurs in Georgia. You just need to retain an experienced firm that specializes in truck accidents. Often times, firms from other states, such as ours, are retained because of their depth of experience and knowledge. In fact, many times, though the injured auto occupants may live in Georgia, the truck company is from another state. You need truck accident attorneys who will do the following:
- Quickly answer the phone when you make that first call
- Send out an investigator to obtain photos, take measurements, and, if forensic work is necessary, retain a trucking accident reconstructionist.
- File, in a timely manner, any necessary equitable relief, e.g., writs of sequestration, pleadings to protect the truck from any repairs that would alter the evidence,
- Assist you in finding Board Certified Physicians to make sure that you receive the best medical care possible for your injuries,
- File your suit as quickly as possible as well as aggressively fight for your rights by taking depositions, sending out discovery and building your legal case
- Advancing you monies- interest free, where ethically permitted, to pay for necessary expenses since your income is most likely stopped due to an inability to work
- And perhaps most importantly, treating you with care and understanding las if you were family, instead of just a client. As truck accident lawyers, the folks at Gordon, Elias & Seely, know full well what a severe disabling, permanent injury, or worse yet, the death of a loved family member means to you. We believe that some law firms around the country have lost their way by forgetting that they are representing a person. So, we pledge to you that you will always be able to call us whenever you have a question. We will make sure you will receive an answer with a full explanation. Although we want to make money just like the next guy, we know that by working hard and doing a good job, with compassion for our client, the money will follow.
At Gordon, Elias & Seely, L.L.P., we understand the life-changing implications of a trucking accident and work hard on your behalf, as experienced truck accident lawyers, to secure the compensation you deserve.
If you have been injured in semi wreck that occurred in Atlanta, Augusta, Macon, Savannah or anywhere throughout Georgia, contact us toll free at 800-773-6770.
Georgia Trucking Accident Attorneys
At Gordon, Elias & Seely, L.L.P., we represent Georgia residents suffering from serious trucking accident injuries caused by:
- Rear-End, Head-On Crashes and Jackknives
- Poor Maintenance, including Tires and Brakes
- Driver Fatigue
- Unsecured Loads
- Aggressive Driving
- DWI / Drug Use
- Lack of Reflectors and Poor Visibility
- Dangerous Roads
18 WHEELER ACCIDENTS INVOLVING TRACTOR TRAILER DELIVERIES TO AND FROM SAVANNAH
The Savannah Georgia economy has enjoyed continued growth since the Port of Savannah has the largest terminal in the United States. Unfortunately, this means that there are constant truck accidents happening on a daily basis from big-rigs either delivering their loads or picking loads up. The Terminal is extremely busy and they know it. They even have their own set of safety rules. A truck accident victim retaining a truck accident lawyer or truck accident law firm their Savannah truck accident needs to know these safey rules. Some lawyers do not even know they exist!. Truck traffic for Highway 25 and Highway 307 are the main entries and exits for Port truck traffic. Vo-Pak, K-Mart. Fed-Ex, Baird Transport, Harmel Trucking, Quick Transport, Hudd Distribution, Triumph Logistics, Mercer Transportation, Meadow Lark, Full Armor Transport, Bradstreet Transport, J & L Trucking, Reliable Transportation, MTI Intermodal, Gypsum Express, Rogers Cartage, World Transportation, P & L Transportation, Wilson Trucking, CTI, Oakley Transport, Worldwide Express, Scotts Transport, Vesco, Pacer International and California Cartage Co. are just some of the 100+ companies that are constantly causing accidents. Feeding into and out of are Highway 46 and Interstate 16 from the west; Interstate 95, US 17, US 278 from the North and South and, of course Interstate 516 Loop in Savaannah are all dangerous highways. As you can see from this discussion, Gordon, Elias & Seely, L.L.P. knows this area very well and would surely be able to be your Savannah related truck collision attorneys.
When Truck Drivers Don't Practice Safe Driving Measures
There are no standard hours for a truck driver. A "work day" can go well into the night. However, there are standards when it comes to breaks, sleep and the weight they carry in the 18-wheeler's trailer. Failing to rest or operating an overloaded truck while impaired by drugs or alcohol is a true recipe for disaster.
Contact us if you have been injured in a truck accident while driving on I-26, I-95, I-65, I-10, I-285, I-75, I- 675, I-85, Hwy 19, 19-41, Buford Hwy, Hwy 46, Soperton Hwy, Hwy 404, I-475, I-16, US 17, US 25, I-520, US 1, Columbia Hwy, Langford Parkway, Georgia 400, East Expressway, Brookwood Interchange or Georgia Hwy 59.
Holding Drivers and Trucking Companies Accountable for Trucking Accidents
Many truck drivers working long hours are often pressured by their employer to complete their tasks by any means necessary. Such disregard for safety often results in shortcuts that amount to negligence. Drivers are required to adhere to regulations involving time on the road, number of breaks, and weight of the load they carry. Consequently under the law, a trucking company can be held liable for the negligence of its drivers. In addition to a thorough knowledge of federal regulations governing interstate trucking, Gordon, Elias & Seely, L.L.P.'s truck accident attorneys have a full understanding of Georgia's traffic laws.
Experience and Resources to Mediate or Litigate Your Trucking Accident Claim
We will use our experience and thorough legal knowledge, coupled with vast resources, to build your tractor-trailer crash injury claim based on the facts. Part of our expertise comes from our network of trucking industry experts and accident reconstructionists. Once we have the facts, we seek the best resolution, through negotiation, mediation, or litigation.
Catastrophic Injuries When Safety Was Not a Priority
Before climbing into the truck cab, a driver is required to perform a pre-trip inspection. When a truck driver finally turns the ignition key, they are doing so with the notion that everything is safe. The pre-trip inspection is to detect problems before the rig gets on the sroad. There have to be periodic brake checks, including caliper settings, hydraulic, pneumatic and air brakes, adequate sleep and rest time in accordance with federal laws, and a trailer load that is properly secured, loaded and manageable. If these safety details fall short, each and every car a trucker passes is at risk of an accident. Every driver could suffer injury or death. These safety requirements apply to all interstate drivers and the failure to do any of these things often results in negligent driving which is often the cause of a truck accident resulting in serious injury. It does not matter what kind of truck as these safety requirements apply to:
- Tanker Trucks - Oilfield Trucks- Pipe Haulers- Chemical Trucks and other trucks with trailers carrying hazardous materials
- Slow Moving - Log Trucks, Dump Trucks, Garbage Trucks, Gravel Trucks , Cement Trucks, and Construction Zone Trucks entering and exiting a highway construction zone, Wide-Load Convoys, Bulldozers, Farm Equipment and slow moving Paving Equipment
- Freight Liners, UPS, Fed-Ex, DHL, U-Haul, Mayflower, and other van lines
- Shuttle Bus, Casino Bus, Vacation Bus, Greyhound Buses, Tour Bus
- Most all other 18-wheeler, Flatbeds, Big-Rig, Tractor/Trailer combinations
Commercial Trucks Not Large In Size But With A Large Insurance Policy
The difference in size of cash settlements in commercial truck cases are potentially much larger than auto to auto accidents generally for one reason: the size of the insurance policy. You know that your personal auto policy is sometimes as low as the Georgia state mandatory minimum limits of $25,000. When there is a commercial vehicle, such as a company van, company pick-up, tow trucks, etc., the policies of insurance coverage are usually much larger and you can be fairly and fully compensated if a driver is negligent
Fact-Finding On Your Behalf
At Gordon, Elias & Seely, we are dedicated to fact-finding missions to build your truck accident case. From driving records to log books, every document is reviewed with attention to detail. We also partner with industry experts who can reconstruct an accident and analyze the vital data in the truck's black box. With accurate facts on our side, we will fight for the compensation you deserve at the negotiation table, in mediation or in a Georgia courtroom.
We Have A National Network of Competent Truck Accident Lawyers
When a trucking case requires expertise in Georgia law and practice Joe Fried serves as our special counsel in Georgia. Joe Fried is based in Atlanta and is a very experienced truck accident lawyer. You get the benefit of the expertise of multiple lawyers at no additional fees charged to you.
For more information or to schedule an appointment with an experienced personal injury lawyer regarding a trucking accident, please contact us.
Georgia Trucking Companies